Saturday, May 13, 2006

Football V Baseball

The football match between Japan and Scotland is on at the moment.
0-0 after 45 minutes. As usual the TV coverage is poor. At the beginning of the progamme Scotland were shown to be a team that foul alot. Japan were made to look heroes. The commentators can not use English properly (middle shoot, centering is not correct English)and it makes them sound foolish. They are extemely biased and support their own team.Is this fair?
The word 'sport' means fair, as in fair play. In baseball ,especially in the Shikoku League there is a great sense of fair play. The supporters show respect for the opposing team in baseball and applaud each other.I think football in Japan has alot to learn from the manners of baseball. I am an England supporter and come from England. Football comes from my country but it is completely different from what I am watching now. I do have the choice of turning the sound off though after all,don't I?

No comments: